What the heck is happening in our country? I’m not saying civilization is collapsing, but the department of “We Have it Totally Under Control” has:
- built a wall around their house and then knocked down ours
- passed an equality act that handed down a death sentence to women’s rights
- and they’ve grown the national debt while thoroughly destroying the size of the dollar
I don’t know where we’re headed, but we might implode. With that in mind—
What I think the U.S. will look like in a post-imploded world
There will be many priorities right after the implosion, and essential workers will be needed back on the frontline. In case you’re wondering how useful you’ll be in rebuilding our country, I’ve gone ahead and listed what I think will be the top eight careers on the rise.
Starting with number eight and working my way to the number one job that will be needed post-implosion:
8. The Massage Therapist. There are going to be a lot of stressed-out people.
7. The Barista. We’re still going to want our coffee.
6. The Uber Piggy-Back Driver. Gas-powered cars will be outlawed and electric cars will have dead batteries – but people will still want their Amazon deliveries.
5. The Librarian. Hard-bound books are going to be sexy again.
4. The Food Taster. As tribes begin to form, the leader of each tribe is going to need a food taster if they want to stay alive.
3. The Complainer. Because there’s always one.
2. The Algebra Teacher. We all know how important algebra is to succeed in life.
And the number one job that will be in demand after the implosion is The Storyteller. We all need storytellers to tell us a good story before we go to bed—you know, by the fire. But mostly, we’ll need speech (used freely) to creep back in. Debating and disputing. Sharing and educating. Entertaining and engaging. Connecting and influencing.
Whatever you’re currently doing, I say start training for your future. You never know when disaster is right around the corner. Whether it’s a zombie apocalypse, a power grid failure, a meteor smashing into the earth, or an implosion by executive order, you need to go into the collapse knowing what job you are meant to do. Fostering a brand new society will take more than just that fighting spirit that is harboring inside you. It will need essential workers.